Carved in Silence

When I watched this documentary on Chinese Americans I was ashamed and angry. I was ashamed because I did not know how the struggles other minorities went through. I always thought I knew a lot about history and I was shocked to see the documentary and realize that I was wrong. I was angry because not just Chinese Americans, but all minorities had to go through so much to be part of America. This country advocates freedom but the system itself does not. A country that advocates freedom should not restrict the freedom of individuals especially if they did not do anything wrong. In fact, I think because there were so many regulations to entry the country the minorities had no choice but to create somewhat of a black market. The fake birth certificates and so on. Our ancestors, of all races, shed blood and tears to make it slightly easier for future generations. Is it easier? There is no more outspoken racism but racism is still around. However I do not believe that the struggles that our ancestors went through any greater than struggles that human beings go through. No matter if you are black, white, red, yellow, brown, biege, etc everyone as an individual go through struggles. No struggle can be greater than others. As a fellow human being, and as a person with a soul, I believe it is our duty to help others and not judge them, connect with each others souls.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons