GURA MICHELLE

I thought Gura's talk was very insightful. It was very intrigued in couple of things she said. First, she said that the generation was always changing so does the values. Which brings up the question of honor code vs. survival. When she was talking this, I wondered then what determines martial arts. Martial arts is the artistic perspective of fighting; which means there is an emphasis on honor or fighting codes of certain techniques. But if the values change overtime, what distinguises one martial arts from the other? Secondly, she says that once one realizes that one possess the power of knowing how to kill, how do he/she know how and when to utilize that power? That was an interesting point. So then I questioned myself, doesnt these honor codes become somewhat a justification or glorification of killing? Generally, I understood why martial art can be seen as an art. Gura's passion and wise words made it clear that one can learn more from martial art than ways of killing people. Martial arts shows a way finding oneself and brings up many questions that one needs to answer inorder to do so. I always thought martial arts was a very technical process rather than a spiritual but Gura openned up a different perspective for me.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons